- Our Community
- Neighborhood Associations
- ENERGI Neighborhood Grant Program
The ENERGI (Edwardsville Neighborhood Enhancement, Recognition, and Grant Initiative) Program provides reimbursable, 50/50 match funds for small-scale neighborhood improvements (up to $5,000 per City Council ward). These projects should enhance and beautify Edwardsville’s neighborhoods, encourage participation, and foster a sense of community and neighborhood pride.
Project ideas that a Neighborhood Association could apply for include:
- Decorative street signage
- Neighborhood association start-up funds
- Neighborhood commons area / boulevard tree plantings
- Neighborhood identification signage / landscaping
- Place-making projects (tot lots, neighborhood gardens, etc.)
- Planting flowers in a public space
For every dollar awarded by the City, the neighborhood association will provide an equal or greater match consisting of cash, professional services, building materials and/or volunteer labor. Grants will be reviewed and awarded through a competitive review process.
Only officially recognized Neighborhood Associations are eligible for the ENERGI grant, so begin organizing your Neighborhood Association today.
Applications (available below) are due by 4:30 p.m. Friday, December 16, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If you have questions about your application or about your project, please contact Claire Iott at email@example.com or (618) 692-7535.
Projects that have begun or have been completed prior to entering into a grant agreement with the City will not be funded.