Children's Art in the Park
Due to the restrictions of Phase 3 in Restore Illinois, our Children’s Art in the Park series will start off this year in a virtual manner.
Facebook Video at 10:00 AM Each Designated Saturday
Art Supply Kits will be offered to the first 25 registered.
Arts in the Park provides a unique & vibrant arts experience for children. For children to do art in park gives them the opportunity to play and experiment while observing the world around them. They get to collaborate, solve problems, and explore a variety of materials and techniques. The teachers, who are practicing artists and art educators, collaborate in developing the summer program and teaching individual classes.
Because the art classes are formatted to allow kids to work at their own pace, they are suitable for kids 4 years to 10 years old. However, If a parent wants to help their 3 year old make art or if a 12 year old wants to participate, they are certainly welcome.
Kits can be picked up at the Parks and Recreation Department in City Hall downtown Edwardsville
between 8 AM and 5 PM on Thursday or Friday
the week of each class.
SHOPPING LIST FOR SESSION 2 (JULY 11th)
Insects Bugs Symmetry - Printable
Building bugs from Nature - Printable
Leaf and Caterpillar Templates - Printable
Insect Symmetry Drawing:
- A pencil
- A bug template or a sheet of paper
- Colors of your choice.
- A recycled book or notebook to use under your paper.
Leaf & Caterpillar Sculpture:
- Green Cardstock with leaf print (or heavy white paper & a green marker) 8.5 x11
- Colored cardstock for caterpillar body with box print (any color)
- Googly Eyes or buttons
- 3" piece of pipe cleaner for antennas
- Glue Stick
Building Bugs from Nature
- Yard clippings collected from outside small twigs, blades of grass, flower petals, leaves
- Cardboard or card stock 8.5x 11
More Symmetry Drawings to Print