Message from the Mayor
It is an honor and a privilege to preside as the 32nd Mayor of our great City of Edwardsville. Our City thrives because of people like you that truly care about the long-term success of Edwardsville. The City of Edwardsville is a great place to live, raise your family, work and run your business. My wife Rhonda and I have a son, AJ, and own a local business called Swing City Music. Started by my father, Arthur Risavy, Swing City Music has been in the area for close to 60 years. As Mayor, I will draw on my experience as a small business owner and my 10 years of public service as Alderman to continue improving our city.
Edwardsville is truly a City that has something for everyone. Whether you're interested in our parks, bike trails, volunteer organizations, churches, local businesses, restaurants or night life, I encourage you to get out and experience Edwardsville.
As Mayor of Edwardsville, I will do everything I can to ensure the long-term success of our City. My goal is to preserve and improve the quality of life for Edwardsville residents by focusing on the following priorities:
-Keeping Edwardsville safe. I am a huge supporter of our Police & Fire Departments.
They put their lives on the line for us every day.
-Keeping our parks up to date
-Cultivating a relationship with District 7, SIUE and Lewis & Clark Community College
-Continue the revitalization of downtown
-Business growth in our community and supporting our businesses
-Maintaining quality roads and sidewalks
Issues Important to Mayor Risavy
- Public Safety - Supporter of Police & Fire
- Infrastructure - Improving roads, streets & sidewalks
- Water Quality & Production
- Managed growth opportunities with a focus on North Main Street & the I-55 Corridor
- Parks & Recreation
- Economic Development
- Environmentally - Conscious Decisions
- Downtown Parking
- Racial Diversity
- Continued support of The Edwardsville Public Library, Main Street Community Center, Stephenson House, Edwardsville Children's Museum, Wildey Theatre, Watershed Nature Center & the Glen-Ed Food Pantry