The Street Division is responsible for maintaining the City's right-of-way infrastructure. We have over 120 miles of streets and alleys to maintain.
Other responsibilities include:
- Concrete and Asphalt Replacement
- Oil and Chip Program - streets are usually scheduled for a new seal coat every three years
- Fill Potholes in the pavement
- Sidewalk repairs and replacement
- Street and regulatory signs
- Street Sweeping
- Street Lights - serves as a liaison to get lights repaired - for after hour emergencies please contact 618-656-2131.
- Snow Removal - Snow Plow & Winter Weather
Service Request - Submit a question, concern or repair request. Or you may contact the Public Works office Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.